Today, I want to let you into one of my favorite recipes, so simple yet so exciting to the taste buds. My sister called it "yam pepper soup" to me it's my go to meal to heal and to celebrate.
- 3 habanero or scotch bonnet pepper
- Spices of choice at least 4 to your taste (I love my soup chilli and spicy)
- Protein 2 cups or as desired (in small pieces includes and not limited to beef, chicken, oxtail - ponmon, tofu, fish - dried, iced or fresh. I have never used any plant protein except tofu)
- 1 cup diced yams
- 1 medium ball of onion
- Scent leaves, 4 tbs shredded
- Seasonings and salt to taste
- 3 cups water
You could alter the measurements to suit your taste.