Week 28 Weigh-in: Challenge Recap (Week 2)

The Biggest Loser Challenge (BLC) is still on and I had a great week save my lack of consistent exercise.

The challenge emphasized greatly on setting goals on all levels and meeting them.

Nutrition Goals
I did a daily meal plan and tracked it in my journal at the end of the day. I made sure to record everything that made it's way into my mouth daily and wrote statements of caution for anything that was not planned for the previous day. I realized at the end of this challenge how good it is to plan meals ahead, it gave me a sense of discipline and some accountability.

Fitness Goals
I did badly on this part, for whatever reason I am a bit incapacitated. I wanted all my exercise videos on a memory card because of some hard disk issues I had with the computer and solution seemed not to be coming forth quickly. I am not making excuses because I had lots of other alternatives but I promise myself that this week will be better.

Goal Setting
I did not get the instructions well at the beginning so I did not do well on this part of the challenge too. When I got it right, I eventually set a goal of 10% Weight Loss Solution for myself i.e. I will calculate ten percent of my present weight and look to getting that out of the way within the remaining thirteen weeks. I CAN DO IT.

(Photo - BlcNavyNinjas)




The above is the summary of the challenge for the week ended yesterday September 20, 2016.

TNT - I forgot about it totally till the last minute. It is a bad habit to procastinate in this weight loss journey, I actually postponed this task because there is a flexibility with it now (in the past rounds, we were forced to do it either on a Wednesday or Thursday). I will not joke with this week since my workout plan incorporates Strength Training on a Thursday, why shouldn't I? I did just 2 groups instead of 4.

Find below the TNT for the past week, it could be of help to you too.


Pick one for the first day, pick another for the second day (do the third later in the week for your third workout!):


Before you start each workout:    Warm Up - Light cardio or do a dance for about 5 minutes.

After each workout:   Cool Down for at least 5 minutes.  
NOTE: Clicking on name of exercise will take you to a demonstration of the exercise.

Group 1 - Upper Body for 5 points per exercise per set   (up to 75 points this group)     
Sets
Reps
Boxer   
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15

Group 2 - Lower Body for 5 points per exercise per set    (up to 75 points this group)
Sets
Reps
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15


Group 3 - Core for 5 points per exercise per set   (up to 75 points this group)                  
Sets
Reps
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15
3
12 to 15
3
30 to 60 sec

That is what the workout looks like.

LCW i.e. Last Chance Workout (we were required to do at least 45 minutes of cardio). I did 55 minutes walk, I think I would rather do my LCWs on Monday because I realized that working out a day before weigh in makes the number on the scale higher.

Conclusion of the whole matter is that I weighed less this week at 165.6lbs i.e. an 0.6lbs less than the past week. I congratulate myself because I believe that a little loss remains a loss, what is important is not gaining it back again which I really hope I don't.


(Photo - Pinterest)

Comments