Week 31 Weigh-in: Be Proud of YOU

Today, take a look at YOU...
Just look at ALL you have accomplished!
Be PROUD of YOU!
YOUR hard work and persistence are paying off!
Keep UP the GOOD work!
Yes, YOU can do anything you put your mind to do!


Google says, pride is a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of one's close associates, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired. It is the consciousness of one's own dignity.

Wikipedia however talks about pride as an inwardly directed emotion that carries two antithetical meanings. With a negative connotation pride refers to a foolishly and irrationally corrupt sense of one's personal value, status or accomplishments, used synonymously with hubris

With a positive connotation, pride refers to a humble and content sense of attachment toward one's own or another's choices and actions or toward a whole group of people and is a product of praise, independent self-reflection and a fulfilled feeling of belonging.

The latter is what the just concluded week 5 of our challenge was concerned about. We were expected in the challenge to look inwards, look beyond the scale, look in the mirror and appreciate who we are irrespective or your weight or size. I call it SELF-LOVE.

I may have to ask some questions at this point:

1. What things do you appreciate about yourself?

2. What part of your body do you love most?

3. What qualities makes you different from every other person you have met in life?

I desire that you answer these questions and when you do, you will realize how different you are and how beautiful you are both in and out beyond your weight, size or shape.

I would like to say at this point that until you appreciate and are proud of who you are, I can emphatically tell you that nobody will. If you keep downsizing who you are, you cannot expect an outsider who doesn't know you to uplift you. There is a local adage that says "the way a gourd owner calls his item is what others call it" meaning that YOU are the only person that can sing YOUR praises or rather blow YOUR horn. You may not have to do it in a way that will make us feel negative about you so that you will not become a nuisance to others but it is good you portray yourself in the best way possible so that we know what stuff you are made of.



I have great qualities, you have splendid qualities, those that are outstanding, those that will differentiate you from all others around you. These qualities could range from the way you smile, the way your teeth are arranged to bigger things like your skill to organize things and people, your power to influence those around you.

Out of the billions on the face of the earth, YOU are so different, you own your world and you should control it to become useful for you and the others. Stop comparing notes when it comes to who are you are, I am never against appreciating others and the gifts they have but look inwards and then be grateful. 

Next month is thanksgiving, what are you going to be grateful for? 

I am seriously in love with ME and I will let you into a secret, the more I search around me, I look into the mirror and tell ME "I love you", the more I keep getting better, the more I started seeing some qualities about me that I never knew were there and I started working more on these qualities and repairing those negatives that are evident both to me and others around me. 

October 2015

Someone did say I have an intimidating personality a few years back [it is not a good one and I felt bad about it], I see it as a positive criticism anyway and I am very conscious of it and try to use it to the advantage of others, so that instead of it working against me, it should work for me. I now use this personality to push the truth, justice and rightness forward. Now when issues arise and I keep quiet, I know some folks that will not just be comfortable with it till I say something. This is just one example out of many.

All the above being said, how does being proud of yourself work for your wellness, weight loss and well-being.

If you are 200lbs and you are not proud of who you are and what you've got, I can categorically say that you will eat yourself into 600lbs very soon. First you will have condemned yourself, you will see nothing good about yourself, you will soon stop caring about who you are and you will be buried in depression that will first kill you emotionally before other physical manifestations is evident, like binge to overcome the rejection that you have given yourself to. 



So, right now at any weight you may be, start jotting down your qualities. Sincerely answer the questions above and start working on whatever you feel is not good enough. Those that are good and unique to you "stir it up"! Make them better! Be proud of them! Flaunt them if you can! Learn more about them! You are on your way to some good success.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I weighed in at 166.6lbs yesterday. I recorded a loss (merry-go-round) but I am happy to let you know that exercise is back and better. I had worked out everyday for 6 days straight and I am so proud of myself for doing that. I had also consistently been on intermittent fasting for 13 days now and starting from my last blog, I had become extra conscious of what I eat when I get home [since that seems to be where the war starts on a daily basis] now, so I don't go overboard and jeopardize my efforts. I believe in the power to do this and my weight loss story is changing soon.

Do you find this post helpful?

Comments