Nutrition

Better late than never. I was not feeling too good posting anything on Wednesday after the weigh in because I was up not just a bit, I was up a lot at 168lbs [It's a number I had not seen in a while] as against the last weigh in of 164.6lbs . I think it's stress which of course led to some episodes of overeating and lack of exercise.

I did travel out on a road trip to an event last weekend and of course sitting for long hours of inactivity and the mental stress of the rough roads too (Naija for you). The mental stress contributed to my inability to even lift a finger in my exercise room.

Nutrition is very important in every weight loss journey, as good as it could be when done right it could jeopardize all good intentioned efforts when done badly. No wonder someone did say "abs are made in the kitchen and not in the gym", this is a true statement because I saw better results when I paid closer attention to my meals. Do I dare to ask this question today, what makes your nutrition on a daily basis? Are they stuff that makes you or mar you? Are they regrettable choices or those you will adhere to long-term?

Nutrients are essential for the body and should be taken in the correct proportions to make it work properly for the body and not become a toxin. You should not be brought under the command of food for any reason, I mean either emotional or physical reason. There could be a reason for eating under some emotional troubles but we should always remember that the emotions will soon go away [whether we find solutions to it or not] but fat deposits don't go away. They stay to taunt us and eventually make us unhealthy.

Our relationship with food should be based on what it's originator [God] made it for, SUSTENANCE. Anything other the desire to eat to have strength in order to fulfill purpose is wrong and would hurt someday. I love food a lot [I am never in denial of this neither do I pretend about it] and I love good food, properly prepared and sweetly presented [not really a good cook though, I only try my best] but I have strong control over food too, I do have a slow metabolism [never my making] and I am fully aware of this and ready to fight it. I don't have to be slim or get my numbers into the 130s but I strongly desire to be healthy at whatever weight that I am in based on the effect of healthy choices and lifestyle.

It is interesting to note that you can actually make do with less food than what you are taking right now [I knew that sometimes ago], if you are consistent with nutrient dense foods you will realize that you fill faster and longer. Even if it eventually becomes bigger when you become more comfortable with your lifestyle, you will know better how to shuffle between living healthy with good portions and having your treats. 

As a beginner in a healthy lifestyle, I will advise not to abhor any food or tag any food "taboo" but I will rather you have your portions controlled first then  with time you understand better what is good for you and those to be labelled "abominable" I have them and I still take them e.g. coca cola but I have come to the level that whenever I allow myself to drink a bottle of coke, I do it without guilt and I move on.

Some facts to watch out for as you decide to do it right this week.

1. Stress can lead to overeating and overeating can lead to stress.

2. Friends and family can unintentionally contribute to poor nutrition

3. It is not correct to classify any food as good or bad

4. Mind over matter, this means guiding your thoughts whenever you want to eat anything.

5. Stop using food to fill a gap in your heart. It doesn't work.


This is a short post as I am still posting about my weigh-in and challenges tomorrow. I hope the weight is favorable.

Keep on 'Keepin on



Comments